Porto de Galinhas
Scuba diving is one of the most sought after activities of those who choose to visit Porto de Galinhas, situated only 60km away from the airport in Recife. It’s popularity is generated because of the spectacular clear waters, the temperature of the water (approximately 27°) and the huge array of diving schools on offer.
Fortunately, all the choices on offer live up to the expected potential and the conditions for learning how to scuba dive are perfect all year round. However, for the best of the best circumstances, it is recommended to visit Porto de Galinhas with scuba diving in mind between September and April.
Your most important task will be choosing a scuba diving school in Porto de Galinhas or any other destination in the area, that is accredited with PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) or SSI (Scuba Schools International).
Both associations are the two most important associations in the world of scuba diving. They both work to strengthen the scuba diving industry on a practical and educational level, which works to generate a much better experience for the scuba diver overall.
Is the kind of scuba diving for those people who have never attempted to scuba dive in their lives before.
It doesn’t matter how old you are and it doesn’t even matter if you know how to swim or not. Everyone can experience what is known as Baptism.
The experience consists of:
1. Theoretical class of 15/20 minutes
2. A trip of about 100 meters off of the coast in a boat
3. Full kit: (life-jacket, mask, flippers, etc.)
4. Introduction to the water on the surface in the moments before the scuba dive
5. 25/30 minutes of scuba diving.
6. The opportunity to travel down to a depth of up to 6 meters.
7. An accredited guide from the SSI to accompany you throughout the entire experience.
8. A large quantity of underwater photographs, taken by your instructor, which will be given to you at the end of the course.
This kind of scuba diving takes place in deep sea conditions and is available for those people who have already taken a scuba diving course and who can present their corresponding accreditation. It is also possible to follow this program in order to obtain a certification in scuba diving. This course provides the opportunity to be able to scuba dive up to a depth of 40 meters.
In Porto de Galinhas, there are many excursions at this level in the surrounding beaches as well as in locations closer to Recife and Serrambi.
– A really great spot for scuba divers is Poço da Paixao, which is really close to the fishing area in Porto de Galinhas. The coral formations in this spot are really complex and they make way for the creation of tunnels which scuba divers can swim into. This particular area is also a fantastic place to go diving at night if you happen to be a professional scuba diver or if you have some kind of experience in the world of scuba diving and feel confident enough to try this challenge.
– Along the central beaches of Porto de Galinhas, it is possible go snorkeling. Snorkels can be rented at a low price on any of the beaches or bought from any one of the stores in the shopping malls in the center.
Get full details and book online
AND GET FREE ADVISE
Video: Go Dronne (godronne.com.br)
here are other articles about